Survival Gear, Survival Kit, Camping Gear - Endure Survival
Are you looking for dependable survival gear?
The only survival kit you'll ever need.
Is "primitive" applicable today?
So what should we do about it?
How did it all start?
Don't be fooled by the many "survival" gimmicks out there.
Survival for the everyday user is practical, not primitive or tactical.
We strive for our customers to have the right gear and confidence required to ENDURE a wilderness emergency.
- Common Misconceptions: It is common to find survival tips that recommend these elaborate shelters but the truth of the matter is that more often than not a survival situation arises with great urgency, a fall taken into a snow-fed river, or an extreme change in weather. These events will force you to shelter yourself immediately. There will not be much time to build something from natural, found materials while finding a natural shelter like a cave, outcropping or crevase should never be relied upon.
- Popular Products: In just about every survival kit sold on the market you will find the mylar "emergency" blankets. These blankets tear easily, they are cumbersome to use and force you to use your hands. They are not worth the few dollars spent on them.
- What to Consider: When shopping for a survival shelter bear in mind how well the product will protect you vs how fast it will take to set up. The Endure Instant Shelter allows you to protect yourself in the most efficient and effective fashion immediately.
- Common Misconceptions: It is common to find survival tips that recommend fire building techniques that were used in primitive times. Rubbing sticks together, flint and steel, or even the modern day recommendation of using a cigarette lighter as your survival fire start is complete nonsense. The primitive techniques are very difficult to master, let alone if the conditions are harsh these techniques simply aren't practical. Bic lighters break easily, freeze, the fuel runs out and what happens if you lose use of the dexterity in your fingers?
- Popular Products: You will commonly find fire starters that are simply a flint striker or survival lighters that require way too many moving parts. While these products may work under light conditions such as car camping or in your fireplace at home it is a good idea to test these products in harsh conditions with wet wood or heavy winds.
- What to Consider: When shopping for a survival fire starter it is important to consider the three elements required to start a fire: oxygen, heat, and fuel. The single best fuel to be used for a survival fire is cotton balls soaked in Vaseline also known as petroleum jelly. The single most efficient and effective (and lightest weighing) survival fire starter is a ferrocerium rod with a wood handle and steel striker. The Endure Metal Match Kit comes complete with a lightweight metal match (ferrocerium rod with wood handle), cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly packed into a waterproof case and a piece of tinfoil to assist in catching the jelly as it burns it will liquify and we want it to stay within the fire to maximize the burn time. Clear instructions on how to start a survival fire are also included in the Endure Metal Match Kit.
- Common Misconceptions: Electronic devices are often considered to be a reliable source for a signal in case of emergency. DO NOT RELY ON YOUR PHONE AS YOUR EMERGENCY DEVICE, and do not use your phone as an excuse to leave your survival gear at home. Phones and any electronic devices can fail easily.
- Popular Products: You will commonly find signaling devices in survival kits that are simply inferior to very similar products. You will commonly find single chamber "referee style whistles" in survival kits while for a similar price a Whistle For Life is a far superior noise producing device. It's also common to find signal mirrors made of plastic and metal while these don't have nearly the brilliance of a good glass mirror which we have tested and seen the reflection of the sun off this mirror at 26 miles away. The little things really count when choosing a signaling device.
- What to Consider: The single most important action you can take in ensuring you are rescued is to leave a trip plan with two people. Mark your departure point and specific plan with locations. Two people are better than one just in case one forgets, is sick or loses your trip plan. When authorities are called and search and rescue teams are deployed this trip plan will play a vital role in your rescue. Without it the search and rescue process becomes vastly more complicated.
- Common Misconceptions: It's a common assumption that food is just as important as staying hydrated. One can survive for weeks without food but without water, the time is much shorter until your body becomes dehydrated, depleted, and ultimately your body shuts down leading to death.
- Popular Products: You will commonly find many different filters, rods and other water purifiers. Typically these are trustworthy products for everyday use camping, hiking, etc. However, for a survival situation you will need a lightweight solution, so you can always have it on you no matter what the circumstance or occasion.
- What to Consider: For a survival hydration solution, you will need to find something that is super lightweight and 100% reliable. Katadyn MP1 tablets are the only EPA approved water purification tablets available and when combined with a collapsible water bottle you will have a super-lightweight, trustworthy solution.
Endure Survival eliminates the painful task of choosing which products to include in your survival kit.
We have carefully tested and selected the best performing products and provide an easy and fun way to learn proven survival techniques. We have spent years testing these products in the field to ensure our products will provide the best possible solution to protect you in case an unforeseen situation arises.
Endure Survival's goal is to ensure every customer is equipped with the right skills to accompany their kit.
We are excited to offer a subscription to Endure Survival School. Learn trusted survival techniques from lifetime experts, hear real-life survival stories and gain insights into tips tactics and ideas that can help save your life.
Endure Survival Kit's mission is to perpetuate proper wilderness safety.
We do this by providing no-nonsense practical outdoor survival techniques and the proper gear to enable those skills needed to be prepared for an unexpected life-threatening incident.